Duhigg writes, “If you can ultimately establish most or all of these five keystone habits…your health and your life will be radically altered for the better.”
The 5 Keystone Habits include:
• Sleep 7-8 hours nightly
• Exercise at least 20-30 minutes daily
• Eat two colors and one healthy protein at each meal
• Floss and brush your teeth daily
• Before dozing off each night, think of 3 blessings for which you are grateful
At GateWay of Hope, we focus on the whole person – body, mind and spirit. These habits listed above seem to include body and mind but little about the spirit. So we would like to add to Duhigg’s list with two more keystone habits:
• Talk weekly with friends – We all know how important it is to have trust-worthy relationships. As we communicate weekly with those who understand us best, we find acceptance and joy.
• Talk daily with God – Our spirits need to be in communication with the Almighty. God made us and enjoys having a relationship with us. So talking with Him and listening to Him gives us the spiritual connection we need to survive and thrive.
What about you? Is there another keystone habit that you’ve established in your life?