Because of Cathy’s excellent input, we’ve been rebranding and focusing on how to better present GateWay. We offer you our latest Q&A.
Q: What types of hurts does GateWay address?
A: We focus on the hurts of abused women, divorced women, women who have suffered any type of loss and overcommitted women.
Q: Why is it so important to focus on the hurts of women?
A: Consider the stats:
• 1 out of 3 women will experience sexual abuse and/or assault during their lifetimes. Women also experience verbal and emotional abuse; mental, financial and spiritual abuse.
• 1 out of 6 women will be the victims of domestic violence.
• 1 out of 2 marriages fail.
• Single moms are the highest demographic for poverty in the U.S.
• Every woman will experience some type of loss.
• Women in leadership often experience the burn-out and stress of over-commitment.
Q: So how does GateWay help the hurts?
A: We have four ministries that offer help; Counseling, Groups, Coaching and Prayer. Through these ministries we embrace women and accept them just as they are. We listen and encourage them. As women experience our programs, they move forward and we empower them to become the women God created them to be.
Q: What are the groups that you offer?
A: We are always looking at new possibilities as we train and empower women to become group leaders. This summer, we offer a Grief Recovery Program, a Prayer Seminar and another Boundaries group.
Our on-going groups include:
• Boundaries – When to Say ‘Yes’ and How to Say ‘No’
• Hope for Freedom – Wives of Husbands with Sexual Addictions
• PAC Moms – Praying for Adult Children
• SOS – Starting Over Single
• WWE – Women w/o Employment
Q: So how does a woman get involved with GateWay?
A: Call us at 913.393.GATE (4283) or check us out at www.GWHope.org. Better yet, come visit us at 815 S. Clairborne, Ste 200, Olathe, KS and experience for yourself the peaceful atmosphere of GateWay of Hope.
2013 GateWay of Hope Ministries – The Helping Place for Hurting Women