At GateWay of Hope, we provide counseling, coaching, and group support aimed at leading women to discover hope, pursue healing, and live in wholeness. For some, this may mean learning to set healthy boundaries in their lives, or perhaps recovering from the loss of a loved one, while for others it may mean surviving abusive or controlling relationships, or coping with family members with substance or pornography addictions.
Our counseling services are provided by licensed mental health professionals who maintain a focus on the whole person — body, mind and spirit. Our counselors work from a Christian perspective. For those who request it, we integrate God and faith into the counseling process, with a focus on faith and deepening your relationship with God.
We offer three types of Counseling:
- Mental Health Counseling for women who struggle with mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, PTSD or dissociation.
- Personal Growth Counseling for those who want help with boundaries, decision-making, relationships or loss and grief.
- Spiritual Formation Counseling is designed for women who want to focus on their relationship with God and beliefs about God, or women who have struggled with spiritual abuse or negative experiences in the church.
GateWay of Hope Coaching offers women the chance to work one-on-one with professional coaches who can help them make positive changes in their lives. Through Coaching, our clients gain a supportive, encouraging partner who can help them be accountable for and focused on a plan for moving forward. We offer four Coaching modules:
- Starting Over Single – for the woman who is single again or has never married and needs to make a plan for her new life.
- Finding Authenticity – for the woman who wants to live from her true identity, make decisions by applying her core values and thrive as she becomes the woman God created her to be.
- Spiritual Formation – for the woman committed to strengthening her faith and understanding God’s purpose in her life.
- Recovery from Betrayal – for the woman who is in or has left a destructive marriage and needs an accountability partner who will support her and understand her unique pain.
Call today to find out more information or to schedule your appointment – 913.393.GATE (4283).
Support Groups – Winter, 2017
GateWay Groups provide women with the immeasurable comfort of talking with others facing the same issues in a safe, confidential environment. We understand that connecting with others is key to healing and coping, so we offer groups to help women in many circumstances:
- Praying for Adult Children (PAC Moms) provides women the opportunity to pray for their adult children. A confidential setting for women to bring their heart cries to God and share the burdens of their adult children with other caring women. 1st & 3rd Tuesdays of each month at 5:15pm.
- Restoring Hope After Betrayal meets weekly to help women talk through and learn coping strategies for this very difficult and highly confidential situation. For women whose husbands are sex addicts, porn watchers and/or having affairs. This group helps women form a supportive bond so they no longer feel alone in this difficult and painful situation. We offer two groups: Phase 1 for women who are just discovering or just admitting to their husbands’ addictions. Phase 2 for women who have journeyed together through Phase 1 and are moving to the next levels of personal growth. Call us for time and place. 913.393.GATE (4283).
- Finding Treasure in Chronic Pain provides encouragement for women with chronic pain or illness. A place for women to meet others dealing with the discouragement of any type of chronic pain or illness and search for the treasures together. A wonderful place to connect and find the support and encouragement to live abundantly – in spite of the pain. 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at 2pm.
- Grief Recovery Program helps women deal with any type of loss and gives them permission to grieve in a healthy and safe environment. Every woman has had a loss of some type: death, loss of a relationship, unemployment or job change, moving and losing a home, loss of friendships, the empty nest, loss of a pet, etc. Our Grief Recovery Programs gives women healthy tools for grieving and a safe place to share their grief. New group begins Tuesday, Feb 21, 6pm.
- Journaling to Wholeness provides some of the basic tools and creative ideas for journaling through life and toward wholeness. Facilitated by writer and teacher, Molly Totoro, women learn various ways to journal which takes away the pressure of forced journaling. This is a fun and informative class, offered only twice / year in October and April. The April group – Wednesdays only, begins Wednesday, April 5 at 6pm.
Special GateWay Intensives for 2017:
January 21, 9:30am-noon: Detox for Health – Body, Mind, Spirit (Detox for Health Info)
July 15, 9:30am-noon: Setting Boundaries in Toxic Relationships / Hidden Abuse
October 28, 9:30am-noon: Identity in Transition / Who Am I Now?