Dacia L. Moore, MA, LPC, NCC, the new Executive Director of GateWay of Hope, comes to us with vast experience in business and counseling. Dacia is the former CEO of Second Wind Counseling & Consulting. She is also a Keynote Speaker, Author and Professional Development Trainer.
She has a Masters Degree in Counseling from Webster University and is a National Board Certified Counselor.
- She is an adjunct professor at the Metropolitan Community Colleges and Webster University.
- Before starting her company, Dacia was V.P. of Programs at a residential facility.
- She provided training for staff, parents, guardians and students on topics such as Anger Management, Mediation, Conflict Resolution, Stress Reduction and Leadership.
- She routinely dealt with difficult diagnoses such as ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder, and Bipolar Disorder.
- Dacia has her advanced REBT certification from the Albert Ellis Institute in New York and had the honor of studying REBT under Albert Ellis, Ph.D.
Dacia currently serves on the board of the Jackson County Community Mental Health Fund, is a committee member on the Cultural Competency/ Diversity Committee and she also serves on the board of her church, Sheffield Family Life Center.
Dacia is the author of the Successful Choices Anger Management Activities Manual and the book Why Are So Many Students So Angry? Her personal and professional mission is to help adults learn practical strategies to reduce difficult behavior and improve personal productivity.
For more information, contact Dacia at 913.393.GATE (4283) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.