In our WWE group this week, we learned about a soldier who was so grateful for the sailor who packed his parachute. Without that correct packing, the soldier might have fallen to his death. Instead, he landed safely and was soon rescued.
In life, we need friends who will pack our parachutes. We need groups with whom we can be vulnerable about our weaknesses and fears. We need friends, counselors and coaches who keep us accountable and give us plans to work on. We need the Word of God to keep us afloat when the enemy bombards us with his lying missiles.
At GateWay of Hope, we pack your parachute.
• We offer hope and encouragement without any judgment or condemnation.
• We provide you with resources to help you land safely.
• We offer support groups, trained counselors and friendly faces.
• We provide a safe place where you can put your feet up, read a book or color with a fresh box of crayons.
• We listen and let you vent.
• We pray for you, with you and about you, reminding God that you’re His daughter and He’s responsible for you.
• We encourage you to utilize your gifts, and we train you so that you can use them effectively.
• We help you make a plan to boost you over a hard spot, and then we celebrate your victory with you.
So who’s packing your parachute today? The staff and volunteers of GateWay are here for you.