Last week, a woman came to tour GateWay. She was impressed with our unique atmosphere and seemed surprised by all the things we do to help hurting women.
“I didn’t know about you,” she said, “but I’m so glad now that I do.”
As we seek to promote GateWay and let more women know about our services, it’s important to answer the question, “Why does GateWay matter?”
Why does GateWay matter?
• Because women matter to God. He created male and female in his image and he gifts women with abilities to make a difference in their communities, their churches and their homes.
• Because women are half the church. Think about how many programs in your church are developed, organized and serviced by women. Without healthy women to do that, the entire church suffers.
• Because a woman who is living within her authentic, created self serves God and others with freedom and joy. She has the capacity to her world and to join other women to nurture and influence another generation as mothers, teachers, writers and within thousands of other vocations.
• Because Jesus valued women. The Almighty Son of God included women in his band of followers, allowed women to learn directly from his divinely-inspired self and placed women in church bodies with unique gifts to share.
• Because women need to know they are cared for. Women have an all-inclusive capacity to nurture everyone in their networks, but they often forget to take care of themselves. At GateWay, we care for women and we show them how to care for themselves through our counseling, groups, prayer ministry and coaching.
• Because women often don’t feel safe enough to share their pain within their own churches and networks. They need a safe, encouraging place to go for counseling, groups, prayer and coaching.
• Because we are women helping women, and we understand.
Why does GateWay matter? Ask the 163 women we served during our last fiscal year.
Ask the women who learned they can set boundaries and protect themselves. Ask the women who saw miracles happen in their families and the women who allowed themselves to finally grieve that long-buried loss.
Ask the women who started over and found purpose and fulfillment within changed lives. Ask the women who finally felt loved and became the incredible women God created them to be.
GateWay matters because women matter, and that’s why we’re here.
2013 GateWay of Hope Ministries – The Helping Place for Hurting Women