When we think of making new resolutions or setting new goals for 2016, we often get bogged down in how to express them. And if we can’t totally understand them ourselves, then how can we make sure we accomplish our goals?
One circle is the body:
- What are some of your physical goals for 2016?
- How will you add more exercise to your life?
- What are some of the nutritional changes you want to make?
- How many hours are you sleeping each night? Can you increase that number?
- How many hugs / day would you like to receive in 2016? How can you accomplish that goal?
Another circle is for the soul:
- Which emotions do you feel most strongly? How will you keep those in balance during 2016?
- What do you like about your personality? How can you build on that?
- What are some practical ways to improve your mind during 2016? New books to read? Negative patterns of thinking deleted?
- Which area of self-discipline is lacking? How can you improve that area?
- How can you have more fun in 2016?
The last circle involves the spirit:
- Are you connected in a group relationship with other women?
- How do you want to grow closer to God in 2016?
- What are your goals for finding quiet times to listen to God?
- How does your church build up the spirit in you?
- How can you best guard your heart in 2016?
These are just some of the ideas for the three circles of your life. As you look at your goals for 2016, place them in one of the circles. Then check to see if there is a healthy balance.
Women tend to focus most of their goals around their bodies, because we have been taught by our culture that the body image is most important. But trying to just focus on our bodies tilts us out of balance.
Our souls and our spirits suffer from lack of attention.
So think about your three circles and how you might stay in balance during 2016. Remember you are powerfully and wonderfully made, created as a unique and fabulous woman.
©2016 GateWay of Hope – Hope, Healing and Wholeness for Women
Image Attribution: Freepik.com