During this season, we have many things to be grateful for at GateWay of Hope. Below are just a few on our gratitude list:
• Over 50 volunteers have helped us during 2014.
• “Jars of Clay” – our newest group that will begin in 2015 – for women with chronic pain and health issues.
• A GateWay woman who is learning to share her “voice” and is now writing songs.
• A new video that shows our space and tells about what we do at GateWay.
• Our 1st Chocolate Extravaganza in March and the next one, scheduled for May 2.
• Several new board members.
• Over 150 women were served from January – October.
• Our redesigned website. Check it out here. www.GWHope.org
• More connections to other organizations who serve women.
• A local church that added GateWay as one of their “Ministry Affiliates.”
• Temporary downstairs office space for women who have difficulty climbing stairs.
• The “Difference Makers” segment on Life 88.5 which features GateWay.
• The opportunity to serve women through counseling, groups, coaching and prayer.
• 49 regular donors from 5 states: Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and South Dakota
• The referrals we receive from clients, group members, pastors and friends.
• Women who are now trained as Group Leaders and serving at GateWay or in their own churches and communities.
• The safe and peaceful atmosphere women feel at GateWay.
Besides all these gratitudes, we get to watch women heal and make progress. Some of them will no longer need our services. Some will reach their goals and move on. Some will build relationships in groups and cherish new friends.
We are grateful for all these blessings and for the continued work of GateWay of Hope. Has GateWay made a difference in your life? We’d love to hear about it.
©2014 GateWay of Hope – The Helping Place for Hurting Women